Tuesday, October 30, 2007

I love what I do!


I created this to represent my wish for an end to childhood disease. The head and torso were a pattern by Sherry Goshon for a challenge to create an angel's wish for the new year. I sewed a bandana on the infant's head to symbolize chemotherapy. The angel doesn't have a strongly painted face as I wanted her to appear spiritual...I also used bright cheery fabrics that children like and her lower body is actually a coin bank for saving donations for a cure.

3 comments:

Judi W. said...

Wonderful doll for a wonderful wish. It would be nice if it came true!

Karen Mallory said...

Debby, She is a great doll and such a worthy one!
I looked at your other posts and you have some nice dolls.
Your grandkids are cute! They are such fun aren't they!
I think it is so cool that the deer came right up to you. Deer always run when we see them which is usually dusk or dark.
hugs Karen

morningDove said...

I love this piece. What a great angel. Beautiful work of h-e-art.